If you are looking to start an online business without investments, then the Fiverr business model and affiliate marketing are two great options to consider. Both of these are risk-free models that require little to no experience. Fiverr is the ultimate marketplace for small businesses, where you can sell and buy services.
As a complete beginner, the first move is to learn some industry-standard skills that are offered free of charge. Once you gain some expertise, you could offer those skills as a business service (gig) on several other platforms.
Secondly, if you want to learn such industry-standard skills the best platforms to do that are skillshare and Udemy. You can sign up to both these platforms for free.
Skillshare offers you free access to all its premium courses for one month and Udemy has both free and paid courses which can be filtered accordingly.
Fiverr gig ideas to get started:
- Transcription Services: If you can hear and write English, then offering transcription services to clients is a great way to start the proceedings. Basically all you have to do is write subtitles for youtube / facebook videos or any other promotional videos.
At the same time if you know multiple languages, even better. To make the process faster, you can go to a website called Downsub which enables you to create youtube captions within seconds. Since these are AI generated captions, you may have to make some minor changes, here and there.
- Professional Voiceovers: Voiceovers are in great demand these days be it for Podcasts, promo videos or Youtube. If you have good vocal tone, you can provide a professional voiceover service. Other than that you can use a free text to speech voiceover for upto 1000 characters with spik, although it may not sound entirely human.
If you are willing to spend some money, you can use a professional software like speechelo, which generates custom-human like voiceovers. It’s advanced options features include speaking rate, voice tones, pitch, 30 human sounding voices and 24 languages.
- Generate Seo reports: Nowadays, most of them own a professional website, but they to run into some issues which needs to be fixed. Now to fix those errors, one needs a detailed analysis of their website.
This is where you can hop right in with a seo analzer, which gives all the detailed reports absolutely free. All you have to do is type the url of the website and the seo analzer will give you the reports, absolutely free of charge. You can export the report in a PDF and send it to your clients.
- Website Banner Ads: You can create professional banner ads for websites with the help of creatopy. This free website is user friendly, which lets you create outstanding banner ads.
You can simply create an ad, import them or even generate url for the same. The client just has to embed the custom url to do his website.
- Social Media Templates and Thumbnails: It is evident that growing an instagram account is not an easy task. One needs to keep uploading regularly which can get tiring at times. Many business are willing to pay, create such social media templates.
The same follows for creating youtube thumbnails. You can create both of these using a free productivity tool like canva. This tool is already pre loaded with templates and you can play with the tool, to personlize your own templates.
- Business Names / Slogans: As businesses are looking for creative names and catchy slogans, you can offer them as a service. You can use two popular sites like oberlo and designhill. Other options include designing business logos, resizing images, and creating business cards.
- Business Promos,Intros and Outros: All businesses require videos for their promotional campaigns. It generally takes a pro to create engaging videos. You can offer such services using a free tool called Invideo.
It offers access to more than 5000 templates for creating promos, intros and outros. It has a very user-friendly interface and does an excellent job when it comes to delivering engaging videos.
How to promote Fiverr Gigs (Genuine methods only)
Now that you have your gigs ready, the next important step is to promote them directly to targeted clients. This can be done by cold emailing. To get started you can use your normal Gmail account and add an extension called G mass.
G mass is like an email marketing tool set up inside your email, that allows you to personalize emails and run campaigns. You send up to 500 emails per day, free of charge.
Although I would suggest using a paid business email account using google workspace (G-suite). It gives you a professional touch when it comes to targeting potential clients and allows you to send up to 2000 emails per day. For example, your business email could look like firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best way to get leads is to use LinkedIn. It is a professional network for business owners and company representatives. It allows you to create a list of businesses that are most relevant to your gig’s service. You can get their email address from their Linkedin pages or about me profile.
Go to LinkedIn and search for “marketing”. All the results will be displayed. Once you click on the first result, you will be directed to his/her LinkedIn page.
You could simply look for a contact email or website address. If an email address is provided, you can start targeting your leads. If there is a website mentioned on his page, you can make use of a free extension called Hunter.io, which fetches up to 20 emails per day. All you have to do is type in the domain name and you will be provided with the contact emails.
Fetching leads manually could be both challenging and tiring at the same time. If you want to ramp up the process, the best email extracting tool is Snov.io, which offers free 50 credits /month. Now again follow the same process, go to Linked In and type “marketing” and as results appear on the page, you just need to click the extension of Snov.io and it will start extracting genuine emails automatically from search pages.
The best tip, I can give you is to use terms like influencers, business owners, marketing, small enterprises to broaden your search results and target different top-tier countries like the US, UK, and the Middle East. Both these tools are just enough to fetch you authentic leads.
The next best option is Youtube. Look for YouTubers who have recently joined or have fewer subscribers. You can look for their emails in the video description or on the channels about me section. You can offer them services such as professional video editing, intros, outros, or transcription services, to have better engagement with their audience.
If you can write content then use sites like Quora, Medium, Mix, Reddit, Tribe, Vocal.media to drive traffic to your services. For example, you can use quora spaces to publish your own content. Provide real value to the community and you will see traffic roll by. For better engagement answer and pose genuine questions related to the service, you are offering. Avoid spamming at all costs as these sites have a strict spamming policy.
One key point to note is that you have to at least spend 10-15 minutes daily answering questions. What you can do is provide some information on quora and direct them to your website for more detailed information and services. But again don’t spam, do this once for every 6 answers you give.
Fiverr Pro review:
Fiverr Pro is a great pool for outstanding talent. If you have exceptional skills you can get registered as a pro seller, even as a complete beginner. Fiverr will verify your profile as they require you to meet certain criteria. This involves educational background, previous project work, or a portfolio. Some of the categories you can work includes the following
- Graphic Designing
- Digital Marketing
- Content writing and Translation services
- Video Editing
Benefits of Fiverr Pro:
- Fiverr Pro puts you in a different league altogether. You are considered as a top notch service provider, who will provide the best value for money.
- Can list your gigs under both normal and Fiverr pro.
- Better reach, in terms businesses you are seriously looking to avail your services.
- Hassle free to list gigs.
- Immediate resolution of issues between buyers and sellers.
- Dedicated Managers will assist to make the best use of the platform.
- Pro seller verified badge.
- Landing gigs faster as compared to normal Fiverr marketplace.
Fiverr Payment process:
Once the buyer gets his order, you will receive about 80% of your payment which will be sent to your Fiverr account stating the status pending. The rest 20% would be cleared after a 14 day period, to ensure buyer satisfaction.
You can withdraw payments by the following methods:
- Bank Transfer.
- Direct Deposits.
- Fiverr Revenue Card.
Other websites like Fiverr:
Now that you have done all the hard work, you should not limit your services to just one platform. Here we have listed other platforms like Fiverr, where you can sell the same gigs and double down on generating more prospects.